Want to eliminate lingering scents made by pets? Find out how to remove dog and cat smell in the house, and more tips and tricks here!
How to Eliminate Pet Odours from Soft Furnishings
It's tricky to know how to find pet odor from soft furnishings, since cats and dogs love to spend lots of time sitting or lying down on comfy chairs and couches, but if you use the straightforward method below at least once a week, you'll soon have it under control. (Remember to check the care label of your furnishings prior to applying any therapy.)
To begin with, you need to give the chair or couch a thorough vacuum to eliminate any skin or hair cells which have stuck to the surface of the cloth.
Next, sprinkle your pet's favorite place with baking soda and then leave it to absorb any unsavoury smells during the night. (This can also be great for removing cat or dog urine smell after accidents.)
Vacuum up the baking soda the next day and then inspect the area for any obvious stains which may be causing the odor.
Spot treat marks with a moist clean cloth and liquid detergent. Blot instead of rub on the stain to lift off of the dirt.
How to Get Rid of Pet Odour from Bedding & Clothes
The simplest way to get bedding and clothes smelling fresh and nice is to set them in the washing machine using a high excellent detergent like Surf. Wherever possible, wash duvets, pillow covers, and blankets on your machine according to the instructions on the detergent bottle's face and the care label. You should take any specialist things like carpets to your dry cleaning specialist.
Now you know how to remove dog smell in the home (along with a whole slew of other animal odours), you can concentrate on enjoying the company of your furry friends!
Pets are such fun to have around, but maintaining a furry friend means you also need to take extra care to keep up the cleanliness of your property. Whether or not you want to know how to get rid of cat pee smells, or simply freshen up animal-friendly areas, we have assembled this guide to removing pet odours so that you can be sure to find the task done quickly and with the minimum amount of fuss.
Discover the Main Resources of Pet Smell in Your Home
If you want to understand how to get rid of pet smells, you need to consider where they come from in the first place, and know precisely where to clean to keep your home smelling fresh.
Pet odours can come from:
– Indoor litter trays
– Dirty cages or tanks
– Soft bedding and furnishings in which pets have a spent a long time sitting or lying down
– Hair thinning and moulting
– Sweating and scent marking
– Dog urine odor from injuries while puppy training
To remove pet odours from your home you Want to:
– Empty litter trays, cages, and tanks regularly. Disinfect where possible to keep smelly germs .
– sterile soft furnishings and bedding regularly (see below).
– Often vacuum soft furnishings, carpets and flooring to pick up hair.
– If there has been an crash, eliminate cat urine odor or dog urine odor by washing tiled, wooden, or lino floors with a disinfectant. This can get rid of sweat and scent marking secretions.
– Take your pet for regular check-ups in the vet to capture any underlying health issues.